Resolving disagreements / Making a complaint

Resolving disagreements

When other people are involved in the process of making decisions about the future of your child, there may be times that you might disagree. The first step to resolving any disagreement is to talk to the other party, explain your concerns and see if you can come to an agreement. If after a meeting, your concerns have not been resolved, you may want to consider other ways forward to resolve the situation.

See our information on mediation and tribunal

Making a complaint

You may wish to make a complaint about the Local Authority (LA) if you feel that they are failing in their duties –this could be by not providing what they are legally required to, causing significant delay, or by failing to comply with the law.

The first step is always to follow the complaints procedures:

Always send a written complaint by email or recorded delivery and make sure you keep a copy for your own records.

If you require further information, please see our factsheet



What if I do not agree with decisions about SEN provision

Download the What if I do not agree factsheet

Contact us

Contact SENDIASS to talk to one of our advisers:

Please ensure that you contact the office of the county in which you live.