Young Person’s Advisor

SENDIASS Young Persons Advisors (YPA)

Herefordshire and Worcestershire SENDIASS support children and young people with information and advice about special educational needs. 

We have Young Persons Advisors (YPA) here to help you, they can help you on your own or with your family. Their advice and support is:

  • free, it does not cost you anything
  • confidential, this means that we will not share your information with others without getting your permission
  • impartial, this means that we will not tell you what to do. We will not take sides. We will give you the information and support that you need to make your own choices. 

Herefordshire Young Persons Advisor

Sammy Powell

Worcestershire Young Persons Advisor

Jake Hawkings

Watch this video to meet our Young Persons Advisors and find out how they can help you.

The Young Persons Advisor can:

  • provide information and advice on the telephone
  • meet you in person to discuss your concerns
  • help you to prepare for meetings such as Annual Reviews
  • support you to attend meetings
  • help to explain reports written by professionals
  • offer careers advice
  • help you tell people if a decision has been made about you which you don’t agree with
  • help you to liaise with schools, colleges and other agencies
  • signpost to other sources of help
  • support and advise you around the education, health and care needs assessment
  • advise you on complaints around SEND issues and the appeal process around the EHCP
  • help to navigate your Local Offer to find support

The team at Herefordshire and Worcestershire Information, Advice and Support Service is here to listen to you. We will always do our best to help you move forward.  If we can't, we will find someone who can. This is how you can get in touch with us:

Please ensure that you contact the office of the county in which you live.


Worcestershire:  01905 768153

Herefordshire:  01432 260955

Contact us and someone will talk to you about your query. We will listen to you and offer advice and information. 


You can email us and we will reply with information or advice.


Face to face support

We can offer face to face support at School, College or in your home. You can tell the advisor what would be best for you.